About the Role
This position is responsible for gathering and organizing patient data, the Population Health Coordinator works to identify patient’s unmet needs, engage patients in their own care, gather summary information for treatment interventions, and enhance ongoing communication between the patient and her/his care team. This position collaborates with the QI Director and Medical Director to ensure provider and patient needs are met.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Contacts our patients who have been identified as having unmet needs in their care.
2. Encourages patients to schedule doctor visits to close these gaps with their PCP.
3. Provides the information necessary to overcome concerns, fears and barriers that might be keeping the patient from closing their gaps in care.
4. Makes appropriate appointments based on what gaps each patient needs closing based of QI reports.
5. Follows appropriate scripts when calling patients about scheduling their appointment
6. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Experience (years): Required:
1-2 years Education: Degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration or healthcare related field required or equivalent.
Experience with quality improvement programs, integration and informatics related to planning and population health management and involving: Knowledge of NCQA recognition program PCMH, patient engagement surveys and EMR based reporting. Skill in interacting and communicating with patients, physicians and case managers.
1. Knowledge of medical office/electronic health record software
2. Excellent verbal communication skills
3. Ability to be flexible and work with changing priorities in a fast paced environment 4. Requires excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
5. Must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures, education, and levels of authority
6. Must be able to function as part of a team
7. Basic medical terminology required
Physical Requirements: Requires extended periods of sitting. Some lifting less than 25 pounds. Must be able to work within and on a computer system for extended periods of time.
About the Company
"HCCH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HCCH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HCCH conducts background checks on all final candidates. Employment is contingent upon a clear background check or approval of the CEO"