About the Role
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: CEO
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Essential Personnel located in or near Watauga County-Must be willing to relocate
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Health IT is part of the Senior Leadership Team at HCCH that oversees the operation of the information technology/software department and consults with other leaders within the organization on technology-related needs and purchasing decisions. Healthcare The Director of Health IT will lead the internal IT/Software (EHR) department in conversation and planning about how to handle the growing amount of digital data at the disposal of providers and other employees. The Director of Health IT also works to ensure the EHR’s proper integration and alignment with organizational goals.This position will maintain patient confidentiality as they may be required to access confidential patient data to achieve the implementation and maintenance of systems.
1. Maintains all IT/Software functions within Federal and State guidelines.
2. Manages and supports hardware and software specialists to include Medical, Dental, Pharmacy and phone/fax systems.
3. Works closely with the Quality and Risk Management Directors in capturing data
4. Present reports on the company’s technology/software status, goals and or progress
5. Create and implement technology/software strategies
6. Align the company’s technology resources with the organization’s short- and long-term goals
7. Identify what technologies can be used to improve the company’s products and services
8. Create and oversee high-level KPIs for IT/software department
9. Assist in recruiting, onboarding and training IT/software managers
10. Manage the department’s budget
11. Travel to all sites is a requirement
12. Other duties as assigned
LEVEL OF EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS:
● Strong background in healthcare information technology and deep understanding of IT technology.
● Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills.
● Ability to effectively manage cross-functional teams.
● Five or more years of experience in information services and/or health care, with at least three years experience in an information services management position.
● Bachelor's or master's degree preferred.
About the Company
HCCH conducts background checks on all final candidates. Employment is contingent upon a clear background check or approval of the CEO.